Tuesday, 25 February 2014

Sage Vaughn: Nobody's Home



I discovered this Californian artists work purely by chance in 2011 when I happened to walk past Lazarides gallery and saw his paintings. I was immediately struck by the similarity in subject matter, (birds and butterflies), and certain compositions (circles), shared by both our work, although he paints whilst I collage. 


It was good then to go and see his new work recently, where his birds and butterflies have invaded a variety of domestic interiors. I like the vivid colours, dripped paint technique and graphic/animated style of his winged creatures. 



I intend to feature more of the work of other artists who use butterfly imagery in further posts, but for now you can see more of Sage's work on his website here.

Sage Vaughn: Nobody's Home
31st January - 1st March
Lazarides Gallery
11 Rathbone Place, London W1