Monday, 23 February 2015

Thom Browne SS 2015



I do not usually post about fashion for men, but I found these designs by American fashion designer Thom Browne so striking with their use of the butterfly print that I could not resist sharing them with you. I saw similarities with some of Oskar Schlemmer's Bauhaus costumes in the exaggerated bulkiness of some of the designs which change the silhouette of the figure. They are perhaps way too bold for the average man in the street to consider wearing, but I like the way he is pushing the envelope. Click on the images for a more detailed view of the butterfly prints.









The bright colours in the garments of this picture below of pieces from Browne's S/S 2015 women's wear collection reminds me of the work of Sonia Delauney and that Jazz-Age/Art Deco period. The black of the outfits really emphasises the colours of the butterflies.