Monday 4 December 2017

Fondation Louis Vuitton - The Return


A year after having first visited the Fondation Louis Vuitton for what was for me, the exhibition of a lifetime - The Schukin Collection: Icons Of Modern Art, Paris (here), I returned to see another exhibition, and a deeper look at this incredible Frank Gehry designed building.



I must say, interesting as Daniel Buren's colour installation on the sails of the building were last year (here), I think I much prefererred the building without it, in its purer state.




The atrium with a Gehry mobile.


A school of sculptural fish swimming in the restaurant.



Gehry-designed seating.




The lower floors of the ark-like building moored in a pool of water.




The impressive architectural engineering seen from the roof terraces.












I spied Monsieur Eiffel's iconic tower in the distance, and couldn't help but wonder what he would have made of Gehry's designs.