Sunday 17 February 2013

Butterfly Couture



It's London Fashion Week and I have always had an interest in fashion and textiles, which is evidenced in the Dresses page of my website. I am curious about the choices we make in what we wear everyday and also what outlandish creations fashion designers will push the envelope with each season. I came across these pictures of this amazing dress whilst going through some files the other day. I was reminded of the genius of Alexander McQueen, and what an extraordinary talent we have lost, (although his legacy lives on through the vision of Sarah Burton). These images were I think, from his 2007 S/S collection, (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on the date), and show the amazing imagination, and attention to detail that goes into the creation of couture garments.









                                                   Check out the shoes.


And of course no outfit would be complete without a hat. These amazing creations were created by the equally talented Philip Treacy, the celebrated milliner. I can imagine these hats look amazing when they are in a breeze, or animated by the movement of the wearer. A fantastic halo of butterflies.